Class name, Macrame Fancy Square Knot Belt
Craft type, macrame
Instructor, Cathy F
Class format, zoom/email
Class dates, July 11 and 18
Class time, 12:00 p.m. Eastern
Sign up deadline, June 27
In this class you will learn` how to make a fancy form of a square knot belt using two types of square knots and two contrasting colored cording. What is unique about this belt design is that two sets of working cords are used to alternate the colors.
This is a great beginner’s project, since only two decorative knots are used for the entire belt design.
For a belt between 35 and 40 inches long
- 15 yards 4mm polypropylene macramé cord color A (a light color)
- 15 yards 4mm polypropylene macramé cord color B (dark color)
- (Note this will make a 1-inch-wide belt.
- 1 bead with a 10MM hole for the closure, optional (the bead is optional because you can simply tie the belt closed with a bow using your cords.)
- Project Board and pins are very helpful
- Fabric Glue that dries clear
- Tape Measure