Welcome to the list of crochet classes previously offered here at Krafters Korner.
First, we have provided a list of supplies you will need to Crochet, along with descriptions of each.
Below this information, you will find a list of crochet classes previously offered by Krafters Korner. If you see a class that you would like offered again, please post your request to the listserv and one of our volunteer instructors may decide to offer the class if there is enough interest by others.
Supplies For this craft
- Crochet hooks come in a wide variety of sizes and textures. The smallest hook is used to crochet lace while the thickest can be used to crochet thick blankets or winter ware. Hooks come in plastic, aluminum, bamboo and wood.
- Yarn comes in many different thicknesses or ply. The yarn you use will depend on the pattern as well as the size of crochet hook you will be using. For example, when using worsted or medium weight yarn hook sizes G, H, I, and J are typically used.
- Tapestry needles come in various sizes to fit the thickness of the yarn. Generally, a#16 needle is used with worsted weight yarn while a#20 needle is for bulky and super-bulky yarns. These needles are used to weave in ends when the project is completed.
- Stitch markers come in a variety of shapes, are usually plastic and come in a package. There are locking stitch markers, which close around a stitch like a safety pin. Split ring markers are a circle and a half, allowing the marker to be quickly attached or removed from a needle or stitch
Crochet Classes Previously Offered 1. Beginner Basics 2. Cupcake 3. Introduction to Tunisian Crochet 4. Edgings 5. Christmas Potholders 6. Holiday Basket 7. Cell Phone Cover 8. Paper Clip Ice Skate Ornament 9. Granny Squares 10. Cro-Hooking For Beginners 11. Ruffle Hair Scrunchy 12. Here Comes Susie Snowflake 13. Shell Baby Blanket 14. Fun with Single Crochet 15. 3-D Christmas Tree 16. Holiday Place Mat 17. Star 18. Easy Baby Booties 19. Decorative Round Place Mat 20. Prayer Shawl21. Angel Lollipops 22. Button and Crochet Angel 23. Heart 24. Crochet version of Knitted Knockers 25. Crochet Counting and New Stitches 26. Soap Sack 27. Small Market Bag 28. Hooded Scarf 29. Turtle 30. Baby Ripple Afghan 31. Basic Square Dishcloth 32. Fish Dishcloth 33. Sunburst Dishcloth34. Crochet Snowman 35. Santa Dishcloth 36. Eternity Scarf 37. Christmas Granny Squares 38. Tunisian Crochet 39. Crochet Easter Basket 40. Maryjane Baby Shoes 41. Crocheted Plarn Gardener’s Mat 42. Mini Mitten Decoration 43. Crochet Flip Flop Slippers - Pop Up 44. Crochet Rose Afghan Square 45. Beginner Crochet 46. Crochet Towel Topper
47. Cathy’s Pretty Crocheted Place Mat
48. Tunisian Crochet for Beginners
back to Krafters Korner homepage